Monday 27 November 2023

Yorkton golfer Kozak commits NCAA Division 1's Western Carolina Catamounts

 




A letter of intent has been signed by Yorkton golfer Ella Kozak to play Division 1 golf next year. 

Kozak announced late last week she has committed to the Western Carolina University Catamounts in Cullowhee, North Carolina starting in the Fall of 2024. 

"It's feeling really good, I chatted with a lot of schools leading up to my decision but in the end Western Carolina was the right fit for me, and it checked off all the boxes", Kozak said. 

Kozak has accomplished a lot so far in her young but successful career, including 3 straight Saskatchewan High School Girls titles, Saskatchewan Junior championship and her first Women's Amateur win in 2021. 

The sky is the limit and there will be plenty of stops along Kozak's golf journey but she says she'll always remember home. 

"Deer Park in Yorkton will also be my home course, it's where I picked up the game for the first time, it's where I fell in love with the game of golf and I'll always be grateful" 


======

Full Chat with Kozak below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment