Monday 30 March 2020

Yorkton Terriers' Woodford commits to Fredonia State (Div. III); Wolverines' Bilka commits to Marian




The SJHL's Yorkton Terriers are pleased to announce that graduating defenceman Kurri Woodford has committed to the men's hockey program of Fredonia State University in Fredonia, New York starting this fall.

The Littleton, Colorado product had 18 points in 53 games with the Terriers this past season that was cut short due to the Coronavirus outbreak.

Woodford who was acquired from the Notre Dame Hounds last season, suited up in 101 career games in a Terrier uniform scoring 7 times while chipping with 23 assists.

Fredonia State is the alma-mater of current Yorkton Terriers Head Coach/GM Mat Hehr who played with the Blue Devils from 2009-2013.



---------

Waywayseecappo Wolverines graduating forward, Anthony Bilka has committed to play NCAA Division III hockey for the Marian University Sabres next fall.
A two-year Wolverine, Bilka was relieved to nail down his decision and choose Marian University in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin.
“It’s definitely a big weight off my shoulders,” Bilka shared. “Playing college hockey has always been a personal goal for me.”
“As far as landing at Marian, I couldn’t be more thrilled. I’m excited to have the opportunity to pursue my education at a top-notch school while getting to play hockey at a very competitive level.”
The Coppell, Texas native who will study finance when he gets to campus this fall suited up in 106 MJHL games with the Wolverines, scoring 25 goals while adding 37 assists.
For a young man who didn’t know much about the MJHL or the Wolverines, he certainly left with nothing but great things to say.
“I can’t say enough about my time with the organization. From day one I was brought in with open arms. The community, my billets, and the coaching staff were always there to support me. I’ll definitely remember all the fans and miss the tight-knit community.”
“As an organization, it’s definitely one of the top places to play. You’re brought in and treated like a professional,” Bilka concluded.
(Wolverines Press Release)

No comments:

Post a Comment