The Yorkton Terriers Junior Hockey Booster Club Inc.
Invites applications for the position of
Head Coach and General Manager
The Yorkton Terrier Hockey Club has a long and storied history in the Parkland Area over the past 40 years. This tradition is evident within the community, the area and the province as the Terriers have had many successes over the years with the highlight being the RBC Championship in 2014.
The Head Coach and General Manager, under the direction of the Board of Directors, is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the team both on and off the ice. The successful candidate will supervise all staff as well as be responsible for the on-ice product. Commitment to the Terrier mission “to foster positive opportunities for players from Saskatchewan and beyond through the provision of a quality on-ice and off-ice product that emphasizes good sportsmanship and good citizenship by providing a quality hockey team bringing credit to the organization and the City of Yorkton”, will be first and foremost in the mind of the successful candidate.
The position is full time overseeing and directing all operations of the club including but not limited to:
- Create and maintain a program of excellence.
- Plan, organize and execute effective practises.
- Demonstrate effective teaching of skills, techniques, and systems.
- Supervise assistant coaching and office staff.
- Foster positive relationships with players, parents, billet families, staff, board members, sponsors, fans and the community at large.
- Ensuring travel arrangements and plans.
- Work with the Director of Scouting and Player Personnel to identify, evaluate and recruit prospective players.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a strong hockey background who can teach the skills of the game with a focus on the rules, regulations and fundamentals of the game of hockey. Previous playing and coaching experience would be an asset.
Send resumes with covering letter to:
Dave Baron, President
Yorkton, SK S3N 2V7
Phone: (306) 641-5180
Closing date for applications is 5 pm, November 8, 2017. Only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. We thank all those who apply for their interest.